I have been making jewellery since I was a child. All-consumed by the process of making, I have to make every day. I’m fascinated by and constantly exploring the emotional link jewellery has to its wearer, and how this link varies from one individual to another. I find inspiration and comfort in the familiar, choosing to make objects that are loved for their permanence and future history.
I mostly work on commissioned pieces, preferring remakes and reimagined pieces as opposed to traditional pieces. I employ hand manufacturing and lost wax casting techniques, but have also worked with forging, enamelling and setting.
Since 2017, I have been running small workshops from my home studio, which is fully fitted out for making and teaching. I love passing on my skills and knowledge.
Qualifications and affiliations
- Bachelor of Arts (Fine Arts) – Gold and Silversmithing, RMIT University
- Fellow of the Gold and Silversmiths Guild of Australia (Member #195)
- Affiliate Member Craft Victoria
- Covered by Public & Products Liability insurance
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Training at Melbourne Polytechnic, completed 2019.